Christmas Parade of Lights
Thank you for entering in the Christmas Parade of Lights, Friday December 1st.
Line up will start by the fire department, 220 S. 2nd East. Drive into position from E. 6th South Street onto S. 2nd E.
All entries may start lining up at 5:30pm and must be in their assigned locations by
6:15 p.m. SHARP. The parade kicks off promptly at 6:30 p.m. ~ rain or snow. You will be given a number upon your arrival.
This year’s theme is: “Christmas in Who-Ville”
Please remember these important points when designing your floats.
1.Candy Rule: THROWING CANDY IS PROHIBITED. Entrants are welcomed to give candy to children at the end of the parade in Carl Miller Park. Entrants may have walkers alongside their float, handing out candy to the children. This is for the safety of the children.
1. Lighting Required: All floats must have lighting. For the best show of lights it is recommended to use a minimum of 500 lights.
2. Numbered Entry: Parade volunteers will provide your number when you are in your assigned spot. This needs to be on the drivers door or displayed so judges can identify you. It is important to know what number has been assigned to you.
3. Fire Extinguisher: A fire extinguisher is recommended on board each float.
4. Holiday Music Only: Non-holiday season music is prohibited.
5. A Safe and Gap-Free Parade: You must keep up with the unit in front of you. Please leave one car length between you and the unit in front.
We truly wish to make this a great event for our children and our community.